Table of Contents
Mumble server address: mumble.civcraft.co:64738
Mumble is the voice-chat software that the Civcraft uses for voice communication. You can install mumble from here. Most cities, nations, or organizations have their own channel that they run according to their own rules. A player can request a permanent channel by contacting modmail.
Connecting to the Civcraft Mumble
Include images showing the process, seperate mobile from desktop connection since mobile
- Install mumble from here.
- Complete the Audio and Certificate Creation wizards. If you are using a mobile version of mumble (such as Plumble or the IOS application), then you will need to create a certificate manually.
- Connect to mc.civcraft.vg:64738. Make sure your name does not have any spaces. If you receive errors regarding connection rejected due to the name, then try a different name as the name chosen may have been taken by someone else.
- Once connected you Civcraft, right click your username and click Register. This will allow you to enter more channels and allow you to create temporary channels.
- Be sure to backup your certificate by running the certificate wizard and choosing to export the certificate file somewhere secure.
Connecting to the Civcraft Mumble on mobile devices
Channel Creation and ACL
As stated above, cities, nations, or organizations have their own channel that they run according to their own rules. A player can request a permanent channel by contacting modmail. Once created, the channel owner(s) are responsible for their own channel and have the power to ban people from accessing the channel (but not the entire server).
Explain ACL since two people seem to understand it